Posted in Information Technology about 6 hours ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Location: Chicago, IL
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: At least 5 years
This position is responsible for the administration, design, modification, maintenance, testing, and installation of Windows based operating systems. Evaluates vendor supplied software packages and makes recommendations to IT management. Modifies, installs and prepares technical documentation for system software applications. Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution. Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support.
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience;
2) 5 years of IT work experience in systems administration and support for large, distributed Windows server environments;
3) Requires knowledge and experience in own function; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills;
4) Builds own knowledge of HCSC, business processes and customers;
5) Solves a range of problems;
6) Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures;
7) Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction;
8) Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service and communications skills.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1) 5 years of support and administration of Windows Server 2008 and newer;
2) Ability to create and modify powershell, vb, and batch files for Windows OS;
3) Experience with distributed HP server hardware, storage area networks, NAS, and LAN/WAN concepts;
4) Ability to support other technology solution areas such as file sharing, storage area networks, and backup and recovery;
5) Able to perform the installation, configuration, maintenance, and administration of physical and virtual Windows servers;
6) Provide 24×7 support on a rotational on-call basis
This position can be based in Chicago, IL and Richardson, TX.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.